We can help you with the following procedures:
- CT scans
- CT angiography
- Calcium score CT
- Screening Chest CT for current and prior tobacco users
Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI)
- MRI including body and contrast exams
- MRI – breast implants
- MRI – defecography
- MR angiography
- MR arthrography
Therapeutic joint injections/Pain management
CT Lung ScreeningThe Bad News
More people die from lung cancer than any other type of cancer, and the five-year survival rate for lung cancer is far less than that for other common cancers. The Good News
The National Lung Screening Trial (NLST), a study of over 50,000 people, found that those who got low-dose CT scans had a 20% lower chance of dying from lung cancer and were 7% less likely to die overall, from any cause, than those who got chest x-rays.
The guidelines for this exam are recommended by the American Cancer Society.
Candidates for this exam are smokers who:
- Do not have a family history of lung cancer and are age 55-74, or
- Do have a family history of lung cancer in a first generation relative, or exposure to asbestos, and are over age 50
- Are currently smoking or quit within the last 15 years.
Call Central Park Imaging at 512-501-3840. Same day appointments may be available.
A screening exam is for someone who has no symptoms of the condition in question. It allows for early detection and treatment of the condition. Your family physician can offer guidance regarding your risk for developing a particular condition.
A diagnostic exam is used to confirm a suspected condition. It involves more images and more time.
- Schedule by phone from 8:00 am – 5:00 pm, M-F
- Same-day appointments normally available